Once again, we want to thank you guys, for keeping this league running in full swing! Four different leagues and 42 teams registered, we have grown to become one of the biggest leagues in South Florida, especially in the Dade County area! For that we thank you! We want to continue our growth so continue telling your friends and family about us! There is always room for more teams and more fun kickball action.
This week, your well-traveled commissioner, Giovanni Lorenzo, will be writing the poll and is in charge while Rene Medina travels for the week!
- FreeBalling (28 points; 2 first place votes): Thanks to the tiebreaker of two first place votes, FreeBalling opens up at the top of the commissioner’s poll. So far, this Tropical Park team has dominated every week scoring in double digits in each game. They still drop a few balls which may be exploited in the next few weeks. One thing we know for sure, this veteran team is tired of coming up short and is ready to finally hold up the trophy at the end of the season. (This week: vs Short Kickas but Our Kick Tails 9pm)
- Wolfpack (28 points; 1 first place vote): Coming in right below FreeBalling is Wolfpack, the top squad from Miami Lakes in the Green Division. Led by two time champion Jonathan Akins and solid squad of girls, they have raced out to a 2-0 record in a tough division. Finishing 8-0 will be a challenge in that division but can Akins and Jen Ten will back to back championships in Miami Lakes? (This week: vs Ballbarians 8 pm)
- Sit on My Trophy (27 points): The defending champions from Tropical Park who already remind you that in their name are back but short a couple of key pieces. Yet, they still are sitting on the top of the table at 4-0. They still have been playing well led by all-star pitcher Mikey D. and all-star Arelis. It seems like week 6 will produce the epic matchup against Freeballing, but we must wait another week. (This week: vs The Agents: 8 pm)
- My Kick is Hard (19 points): This Miami Lakes team is sitting at 2-0 and yes that is very impressive, but they also won the first game by forfeit and the second game by a low margin. They have some good players in Dennis and Ishmael but I feel still have a lot to prove in the Green division. If they get through the next two weeks unscathed, then I will be impressed and buy in on My Kick is Hard (This week: vs. This Pitch is Bananas 9pm)
- Kickball and Chill: (15 points): A very good team that got bit by the forfeit bug week 1 due to unfortunate circumstances. They have exceptional girls and rebounded this week against Ballbarians. I believe that they will be on the up and up and truly threaten for the title in Miami Lakes if they can get all their players together. I know they will be shorthanded this week again so let us see how they respond. (This week: vs RipNDip 7pm)
- FreeBalling Down Under: (14 points): The FreeBalling team took their franchise down under to Cutler Bay and have been cruising with relative ease so far in their matchups. 2-0 and crushing their opponents so far. Their run differential is +18 after two matchups. Their pitching is solid and their girls definitely know how to get on base. We shall see who gives them a quality challenge in the weeks to come. (This week: vs. Dirty South 7pm)
- This Pitch is Bananas (14 points): The lovely yellow Miami Lakes team with that scary pitcher! No one ever wants to face Bananas for that very reason. Over the seasons, they tend to have run scoring issues but keep games close due to solid defense. Their scoring this season has picked up, however, and if they continue this pace, it will go a long way of ensuring success for them in the long run. This week they face the fourth place team in this poll which should lead to a great matchup (This week: vs. My Kick is Hard 9pm)
- Expendaballs (12 points): Curious Tropical Park team led by Jason at the helm who are sitting a 3-1 after holding on to a close win over the infamous black team of Tropical Park. With an interesting set of players, they have raced to a solid record after a week 1 loss at the hands of Sit on My Trophy. Rene believes Expendaballs will be a tough out and we will see if they do put it all together by the time playoffs come around (This week: vs. Pata Sucias)
- Homestead Homers (6 points): Welcome to the poll my friends from Cutler Bay! They have been playing good, hard, solid kickball since we started down in Cutler Bay and are holding strong at 2-0 so far in the season. Led by Chris, Greg, Kyle, and very solid girls, they go out there and have fun and win in the process. I hope they keep their good streak up so we have more teams from Cutler Bay representing in the Commissioners Poll (This week: v Yo Momma Can’t Pitch 7 pm)
- Evolution: (2 points): Just sneaking into the poll is Evolution which is Gus’s squad who are 1-1 with their loss coming week 1 with many players absent. Can Gus take his success from other squads and translate it to a winning squad? Only one commissioner gave this team love this week, but a few more wins in the Green division may change that. (This week: v. Wait for the Kicker 9 pm)
Others receiving votes: Take This L (1), Short Kickas but Our Kicks Tail (1)
Quick Reminder on How the Poll Works: Once all leagues have played at least 2 games each, the Commissioners each cast an anonymous ballot for the teams that they think are the top 10 in K.O.A.L.A. Kickball across our leagues. The first ranked team in each ballot gets 10 points, the second ranked team in each ballot gets 9 points, and so forth all the way to the tenth ranked team in each ballot, which gets 1 point. The points that each team gets from each ballot are added up, and then the 10 teams with the highest total number of points are declared the Top 10 in the Commissioner’s Poll. If there’s a tie for points, then the team with the most number of Commissioners voting it higher than the team they tied will receive the higher position. Remember that this poll does not affect standings or playoff seeding in any way; it’s only for fun!